Here at Active Health Clinic, we specialize in assisting our patients through physical rehabilitation.
Physical rehabilitation uses mechanical force and movement to improve mobility, function, and quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention.
Our physical therapists are trained and licensed to examine, evaluate, diagnose, and treat impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities in patients.
There are many reasons patients come to us for physical rehabilitation. One of the main reasons is because they have been hurt in an automobile accident and need additional attention in order to get their bodies back to feeling normal. Other people hurt their bodies in sports or work and need assistance to feel better again.
Our entire staff is dedicated to helping you feel better. Our compassionate and educated chiropractors will work with you every step of the way. Results of an injury can vary from person to person, so it is important to speak with our wonderful staff to see how we can help you. Our number one goal is to help you feel better.
What problems do physiotherapists treat?
Physiotherapists/Mobility & Rehab focus on both prevention and rehabilitation. Treatment can be for problems caused by injury, disease or disability.
Here are some examples:
- Neck and back pain caused by problems in the muscles and skeleton
- Problems in the bones, joints, muscles and ligaments, such as arthritis and the after-effects of amputation
- Pelvic issues, such as bladder and bowel problems related to childbirth
- Loss of mobility because of trauma.
- Fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of muscle strength.
What can I expect at physiotherapy?
Your session will be unique, because it is all about you and your particular needs. In general, here’s what happens:
- You receive a treatment plan that sets goals for you
- Time with our Athletic trainer to help with your treatment
- You are prescribed a course of exercises and any assistive devices needed