The Biller position is responsible to “Collect the Money”. They must be able to communicate to patients and payors about claims to help get them settled. Must be able to utilize software and follow up systems to stay on top of collections.
ABOUT ACTIVE HEALTH CLINICS:
Active Health Clinics are dedicated to the optimal health of our patients and team members. Our mission is to enable all of those around us to “Live their best life.” In order to do that, we have created a team of providers working together to produce the best health care results through customized care plans for each of our patients. We are inspirational, accountable, transparent, disciplined, aligned and results focused.
- Transmission of Claims (paper and electronic).
- Generation of Transmittal/Rejection Reports.
- Posting of Electronic and Paper Remittance Advice (ERA)/EOB.
- Follow up on Claims;
- Re-submission of Rejected Claims.
- All Appeals Conducted on Denied claims.
- Investigates denials
- Sends insurances billing information needed by insurance companies for payment
- Generation of Aging Reports (30-60-90 Days) & Other essential reports.
- Handle all communication with insurance companies and credentialling companies.
- Follows up on past due accounts
- Turns account over to cashier to collect if it becomes patient responsibility
- Handles any and all insurance questions
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to quickly build effective working relationship with diverse customers, and colleagues and vendors.
- Highly proficient with computers, PC, email, Microsoft Word and various in office programs.
- Demonstrate analytical problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- Experience working accounts and or medical billing.
- Prolonged periods sitting and working at a computer.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Active Health Clinics recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.